From Bon Appetite. May 2000 - but it was in my 2001 book. Serve with rosemary mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup packed slivered prosciutto (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- 3Transfer chicken to plate. Add onion, carrot and celery to skillet; sauté until vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet; add wine, prosciutto and sage.
- 5Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- 6Cover; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Serve chicken with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Prosciutto and Sage
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 69.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: