Recipe by dicentra
From Bon Appetite. May 2000 - but it was in my 2001 book. Serve with rosemary mashed potatoes.
Top Review by Stacie Smith
The recipe was good, i had to make a few changes for personal taste. make sure to not add too much salt for the Pros. made it more salty than expected. and i added about a cup of cream to make it a creamy sauce. Also another note, use a wine that you enjoy drinking not just a cheapy cooking wine.
- 2 chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup packed slivered prosciutto (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to plate. Add onion, carrot and celery to skillet; sauté until vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet; add wine, prosciutto and sage.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cover; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes per side. Serve chicken with sauce.