Good with pasta and a salad.
Make and share this Chicken With Prosciutto and Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 lbs.)
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 29.58 ml thinly sliced fresh basil or 3.69 ml dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 56.69 g prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 78.07 ml shredded parmesan cheese or 78.07 ml asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken lightly w/salt and pepper.
- In large nonstick skillet, brown chicken, half at a time, in olive oil 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to 3 quart rectangular baking dish In same skillet, cook and stir mushrooms, basil and garlic until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in proscuitto and tomatoes.
- Bake chicken breasts uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Spoon some of the mushroom mixture over each breast.
- Sprinkle w/cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more.