Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Good with pasta and a salad.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 lbs.)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil or 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese or 1⁄3 cup asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season chicken lightly w/salt and pepper.
- In large nonstick skillet, brown chicken, half at a time, in olive oil 2-3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to 3 quart rectangular baking dish In same skillet, cook and stir mushrooms, basil and garlic until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in proscuitto and tomatoes.
- Bake chicken breasts uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Spoon some of the mushroom mixture over each breast.
- Sprinkle w/cheese.
- Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more.
Absolutely delicious. I used fresh basil from my garden. :)
Very flavourful chicken!! we loved the basil and garlic and the prosciutto was a wonderful addition; the Parmesan was a perfect finish, thanks for posting I will be making this one again.