Recipe by ktdid
This is a great week night meal- quick, easy , AND my kids adored it. I got the original idea from a recipe in a Williams-Sonama Catalog. I think the addition of a couple of tablespoons of chopped Kalamata olives would make a nice variation.
Top Review by LightEra
Absolutely phenomenal. So quick and easy to make, and my kids request it constantly. We never have a bite left. Flavors are fantastic, chicken is perfectly tender -- I can't say enough good things about this recipe.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced,then julienned
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts to approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with chopped sage, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge lightly in flour and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken in single layer (do in batches if your pan is too small) and saute until lightly browned on bottom (about 3-4 minutes).
- Turn and cook on other side (another 3-4 minutes).
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add broth to pan and deglaze.
- Add prosciutto and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Return chicken to pan and simmer, uncovered, until sauce is reduced slightly and chicken is fully cooked (about 5 min).