Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
You may wish to substitute the turmeric for safran.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 preserved lemon, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 14 ounces chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro
- Heat the oil in a large wok, then add the onion and garlic, and fry for about 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry 4 - 5 minutes, until sealed.
- Add the turmeric, lemon, and chickpeas.
- Add the water, bring to a boil. Add the chicken bouillon, stir till dissolved.
- Lower the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes, until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in the cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Serve with couscous.