Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Some simple comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large roasting chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 cup diced celery, onion and carrot
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 6 medium desiree potatoes
- 2 (400 g) canspeeled tomatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup small black olives
- 1 sprig rosemary
- In a large flameproof casserole dish, heat the oil and saute the chicken pieces over a gentle heat until browned all over. Remove and set aside.
- Add the diced vegetables and saute gently until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and saute gently for another minute or so.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into the chunks. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and add the wine and potatoes.
- Puree the tomatoes in their juice in a blender, or use a hand blender, then add to the pan with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover and simmer gently for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender. Add the olives and rosemary after about 10 minutes.