Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make this Italian chicken dish in a creamy mushroom sauce and served on a bed of tagliatelle - delicious! For a lighter meal, you can just serve the chicken and sauce with a green salad - or try the sauce with pasta and no chicken.
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup white wine
- 7 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 5 1⁄2 ounces tagliatelle pasta noodles
- 4 ounces asparagus, to serve (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Pour over enough boiling water to cover the mushrooms. Leave to soak for 30 mins, then drain.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins, turning occasionally. Add the wine and mushrooms and cook for 5 mins or until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the cream and cook for 5-10 mins or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Add the tarragon and season to taste.
- Cook the tagliatelle according to packet instructions and drain. Cook the asparagus in a pan of simmering water until tender, then drain.
- Arrange the tagliatelle in the centre of each plate. Scatter with the asparagus, spoon over the chicken and mushrooms, and serve immediately.