The chicken is sauteed and served over rice with a pomegranate flavored sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into quarters (about 5)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry-pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a medium saucepan, simmer the rice in 2 1/4 cups water, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 4Add chicken to skillet and cook until well browned on both sides, about 7 minutes; remove chicken and set aside.
- 5Add onion, garlic and walnuts to skillet and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in cinnamon, being sure to scrape any brown bits that may accumulated on the bottom of the skillet.
- 7Return chicken and any accumulated juice to pan and pour in cranberry-pomegranate juice and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 3 or 4 minutes; remove
- 8chicken to a serving platter.
- 9Continute to cook the sauce until it has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes; stir in parsley and pour over chicken.
- 10Serve with cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Pomegranate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 769.3
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 101.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 32.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: