Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
The chicken is sauteed and served over rice with a pomegranate flavored sauce.
Make and share this Chicken With Pomegranate Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups rice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into quarters (about 5)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry-pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, simmer the rice in 2 1/4 cups water, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook until well browned on both sides, about 7 minutes; remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and walnuts to skillet and cook, stirring often, until onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon, being sure to scrape any brown bits that may accumulated on the bottom of the skillet.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juice to pan and pour in cranberry-pomegranate juice and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 3 or 4 minutes; remove
- chicken to a serving platter.
- Continute to cook the sauce until it has thickened slightly, about 3 minutes; stir in parsley and pour over chicken.
- Serve with cooked rice.