This comes from my Eat Well, Stay Well cookbook. This is a tangy-sweet, sticky way to fix chicken. YUM. I can't always find plum jam, so I use currant. This freezes well too. I mix everything together in a bowl, add the chicken, toss to coat and then put in labeled Ziploc bags. Thaw before broiling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, combine the tomato sauce, jam, vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, ginger and salt.
- 2Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- 3Uncover and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon and the flavors have blended.
- 4Cool to room temperature. Measure out ½ cup of the sauce and set aside; use the rest as a baste.
- 5Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin and coriander.
- 6Rub the chicken with the spice mixture.
- 7Broil the chicken 6 inches from the heat for 3 minutes per side.
- 8Brush with half of the basting mixture and broil for 5 minutes longer.
- 9Turn the chicken over, brush with the remaining baste, and broil for 7 minutes longer or until cooked through.
- 10Serve with the reserved sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Plum Barbecue Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.1
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 118.2 mg
- Sodium 743.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 29.3 g