Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Pollo Con Paquillos Tomates y Aceitunas. Sweet and slightly piquant piquillo peppers, which are grown in northern Spain, are roasted over an open fire, peeled and packed into jars.
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 59.14 ml Spanish olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2-pounds)
- 2 large sweet green bell peppers, cut in 1/2-inch squares (about 2 cups)
- 2 large onions, cut in thin wedges (about 2 cups)
- 4.92 ml minced garlic (about 1 large clove)
- 453.59 g plum tomato, chopped (about 2 1/2-cups)
- 4.92 ml chicken bouillon granule
- 118.29 ml jarred spanish piquillo pepper, cut in chunks can substitute 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 118.29 ml small pitted spanish green olives, sliced
- In a cup, combine salt, pepper and paprika; sprinkle on both sides of chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken, green peppers, onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring frequently and turning chicken to brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add tomatoes and bouillon granules; cook uncovered, stirring until tomatoes are softened, about 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in piquillo peppers and olives and cook just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over saffron rice, if desired.
Make this! Just do it. It is the only way to understand what a fantastic combination of flavors this dish has. I made just as written, no substitutions. So good. Thanks for sharing.
Very good dish, I loved this along side couscous made with chicken broth it was so good. Everything went pretty smoothly, my chicken took a 5 minutes longer and was done perfectly. Thanks for posting.
This has to be one of the best main dish recipes I've gotten from the zaar to date. The vegetables and sauce are just out of this world. I can't believe how easy it was and yet turned out so good. I used fresh diced plum tomatoes, and roasted red peppers out of a jar(no gas in the bbq). I served this with fusselli pasta and salad. This will be made often. Thank you so for posting this great recipe. Made for ZWT III.