1/1 Photo of Chicken With Piquillo, Tomatoes, and Olives
Vicki in CT's Note:
Pollo Con Paquillos Tomates y Aceitunas. Sweet and slightly piquant piquillo peppers, which are grown in northern Spain, are roasted over an open fire, peeled and packed into jars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup Spanish olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2-pounds)
- 2 large sweet green bell peppers, cut in 1/2-inch squares (about 2 cups)
- 2 large onions, cut in thin wedges (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 large clove)
- 1 lb plum tomato, chopped (about 2 1/2-cups)
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1/2 cup jarred spanish piquillo pepper, cut in chunks can substitute 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup small pitted spanish green olives, sliced
- 1In a cup, combine salt, pepper and paprika; sprinkle on both sides of chicken.
- 2In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add chicken, green peppers, onion and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring frequently and turning chicken to brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet.
- 3Add tomatoes and bouillon granules; cook uncovered, stirring until tomatoes are softened, about 10 minutes. Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in piquillo peppers and olives and cook just until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over saffron rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Piquillo, Tomatoes, and Olives
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.9
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.5 mg
- Sodium 471.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: