Recipe by Redsie
Very tasty, easy and great with rice! And healthy too!!
Top Review by Treesaw
I thought this was really good - and even my husband, who complained that he "doesn't like fruit in his food," cleaned his plate!! I browned the chicken first with some veggies (zuchinni, green peppers and onions), cut it up in strips and baked it in the sauce for 30 minutes. Yummy!
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 6 ounces crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 small boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in pineapple, soy sauce, garlic salt and ginger.
- Cook and stir over low heat until thickened.
- Place chicken in a greased 9 inch square baking dish.
- Pour half of the sauce over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 15 minutes.
- Baste, bake 15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining sauce.