Prep 6 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This recipe appeared in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. Preparation time includes refrigeration time.
- 8 chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
- 1 medium ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded,and chopped
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 236.59 ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 118.29 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 29.58 ml honey
- Puree pineapple, jalapenos and garlic in a blender until almost smooth.
- Add pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, and lime peel and process until blended.
- Pour marinade into a large glass baking dish.
- Add chicken to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a small bowl.
- Whisk in honey.
- Brush mixture over chicken.
- Broil until cooked through, basting frequently, about 30 minutes.