Recipe by James Craig
This recipe appeared in the "Arizona Republic" newspaper. Preparation time includes refrigeration time.
- 8 chicken breast halves, with skin and bones
- 1⁄2 medium ripe pineapple, peeled,cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded,and chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree pineapple, jalapenos and garlic in a blender until almost smooth.
- Add pineapple juice, lime juice, cilantro, and lime peel and process until blended.
- Pour marinade into a large glass baking dish.
- Add chicken to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a small bowl.
- Whisk in honey.
- Brush mixture over chicken.
- Broil until cooked through, basting frequently, about 30 minutes.