Recipe by kayc1218
Came up with this when I had leftover cream cheese-pesto appetizer spread. It's similar to Cordon Bleu but with different ingredients.
Top Review by tracytrebilcox
The complexities of the flavors are outstanding, and the recipe is not that difficult to make. In place of the panko, I used seasoned breadcrumbs and it worked quite well. A sign that it was a hit is that there isn't anything left to take to work tomorrow.
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto sauce
- 2 -4 prosciutto, slices
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix softened cream cheese and pesto and set aside.
- Season flour with salt and pepper on sheet of wax paper. Set aside.
- Mix egg and water in bowl. Set aside.
- Pour panko into flat container. Season with thyme or oregano, if desired. Set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness. Place prosciutto slice on top of chicken and put about 1.5 T of cream cheese mixture on top. Roll chicken breast and secure ends with toothpicks.
- Dredge chicken in seasoned flour, roll in egg wash, and then cover with panko crumbs. Sprinkle olive oil over to ensure crumbs will brown.
- Place in shallow, greased baking pan and bake 15-20 minutes. Turn oven to broil and broil 3-4 minutes to crisp up and brown the outside.