Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For a great main course for family or friends that's easy to make and not too expensive, try this delicious chicken recipe. Use red pesto sauce or sun-dried tomato paste as an alternative to green pesto.
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons green pesto sauce
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb baby carrots, halved
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin wedges
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grate the Parmesan and set to one side. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using a sharp knife, slice a pocket into each chicken breast and open it up. Spread 1tsp of pesto sauce into each one, and share the Parmesan between them. Top with the basil leaves, then close the pockets and secure with toothpicks.
- Spoon 2tbsp of the olive oil into a roasting pan and add all the vegetables, tossing them to coat. Season with a little salt and black pepper to taste.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle the remaining olive oil over them, and transfer to the oven. Roast for 25-30 mins, until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.