For a great main course for family or friends that's easy to make and not too expensive, try this delicious chicken recipe. Use red pesto sauce or sun-dried tomato paste as an alternative to green pesto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the Parmesan and set to one side. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2Using a sharp knife, slice a pocket into each chicken breast and open it up. Spread 1tsp of pesto sauce into each one, and share the Parmesan between them. Top with the basil leaves, then close the pockets and secure with toothpicks.
- 3Spoon 2tbsp of the olive oil into a roasting pan and add all the vegetables, tossing them to coat. Season with a little salt and black pepper to taste.
- 4Arrange the chicken breasts on top. Sprinkle the remaining olive oil over them, and transfer to the oven. Roast for 25-30 mins, until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Pesto and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.7
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 111.5 mg
- Sodium 507.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 40.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: