Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A different way to eat pierogies. Smothered in a chicken mushroom sauce. My family loves it.
- 1 dozen frozen potato & cheese pierogi
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can peas, drained
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed or shredded
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 2-quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In medium saucepan, over high heat, thaw frozen pierogies in boiling water for 5 minues.
- Drain: set aside.
- In large saucepan, over medium heat, combine soup, mushrooms, peas and chicken.
- Cook stirring about 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Place pierogies in casserole.
- Place vegatables over pierogies.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes.
We thought this was a great way to use our adored frozen pierogies. Kind of like a chicken pot pie-like casserole. Family said they would like to have this again. Yummy comfort food. Thanks
My family loved this. I doubled the quantity of pierogies, and used about 2 cups frozen veg [we don't care for canned]. The first time I prepared this, we ate it right away. The second time, I cooked it one day and reheated it the next day for supper, and it was still very good. Thanks for a great meal. By the way, I'm thinking of trying it with cooked ground beef instead of chicken, changing the soup to tomato with basil and oregano.