Recipe by little_wing
Favorite veggies with chicken and pasta. Easy, healthy and delicious meal.
Top Review by cookiedog
Delicious and Easy! I added some Marsala wine, oregano, a basil and sprinkled some percorino romano on the top of each serving. I also used the tomato soaking water in the recipe. Made by a fellow Jefe for ZWT 4.
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (NOT packed in oil)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked angel hair pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sundried tomatoes in small bowl and cover with boiling water for 5-10 min or until soft. Drain and cut into slivers.
- Combine flour, salt, and red pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken and cook without stirring until golden (3-4 minutes). Turn chicken and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Add vermouth and stir, scraping up cooked bits from sides of pan.
- Add dried tomatoes, canned tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, thyme and water.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until zucchini are tender, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according tp package directions.
- Serve sauce over pasta.