Favorite veggies with chicken and pasta. Easy, healthy and delicious meal.
Make and share this Chicken With Peppers, Zucchini and Tomatoes on Angel Hair recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato (NOT packed in oil)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenders, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced Italian tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 lb uncooked angel hair pasta
- Place sundried tomatoes in small bowl and cover with boiling water for 5-10 min or until soft. Drain and cut into slivers.
- Combine flour, salt, and red pepper in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and toss until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken and cook without stirring until golden (3-4 minutes). Turn chicken and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- Add vermouth and stir, scraping up cooked bits from sides of pan.
- Add dried tomatoes, canned tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, thyme and water.
- Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until zucchini are tender, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according tp package directions.
- Serve sauce over pasta.
Delicious and Easy! I added some Marsala wine, oregano, a basil and sprinkled some percorino romano on the top of each serving. I also used the tomato soaking water in the recipe. Made by a fellow Jefe for ZWT 4.
;iked this exceptleft out ground redpepper, as always, 1. tasty 2. easy and quick to make best of all it is allowed on my diet. served over rice for dh, as he don't eat pasta. but i used angel hair thank you for sharing.