Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and so good served with baked potatoes.
Make and share this Chicken With Peppers and Onions recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 large white onion, sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt. In skillet, melt 1 tablspoon butter and add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Cook chicken over medium high heat until done. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mozzarella on each breast. Remove from heat and allow cheese to melt.
- To another skillet, add remaining olive oil and butter.
- Add onions, peppers and minced garlic and cook on medium high. Add water and cover.
- Cook until peppers and onions are tender, stirring often. Remove lid and cook until water evaporates.
- Place peppers and onions over chicken and serve.
We made it with red & yellow peppers and served it over buttered pasta. It had great flavor and even the kids ate it! Would make it again.
Oh! This is a refreshingly, delish, dish. I hadn't seen this chicken made like this before~so I was anxious to try it. Between the garlic cloves, the onion, peppers, and chicken~ the aroma would call the neighbors to the door, begging for a try. I made this even easier, (hope you don't mind) I just cooked everything on one pan, an ingredient at a time. First I s&p'd the chicken, browning it and finished cooking it right in the skillet. After that was completed, took chicken out, added mozzarella, let it sit warming. Next, I browned onion, peppers, garlic, and added water. Let evaporate to thicken sauce up a bit, added a bit of soy sauce, (had a packet in junk drawer) and spooned delish sauce over top. Outstanding! Thanks for posting this simple, but pleasurable chicken dish.
The chicken was delicious, but the peppers and onions needed a little something. Next time I will add salt and pepper to the peppers and onions and dissolve a chicken boullion cube in the 1/2 cup water. Great recipe - justs needs a little tweaking. I served it over brown rice.