Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A hearty stew that you can serve over pasta or rice. Another idea is to roll it in warmed tortilla wraps and serve with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of cheese.
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 50 g pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 100 g spinach
- 1 bunch coriander
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and stir in the onion and garlic.
- Cook for several minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Stir in the pepperoni and cook for another couple minutes, then add the the chicken.
- Cook until brown and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, shred the spinach and coarsely chop the coriander.
- If the stew is looking dry, add a bit of water and reduce the heat.
- Stir in the spinach and allow it to wilt, then add the coriander.
- Serve over a short pasta, such as penne, or with boiled rice.
very easy to make - I actually have never made it exactly to recipe - I leave out the pepperoni, for a healthier option, & I don't usually add coriander b/c I don't have it around the house... however, it's become one of my favorite pasta dishes! I would definitely recommend it!