Chicken with Peppercorn Sauce
- Grind the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic and basil until it is a powder and then sprinkle this mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Heat the 4 tbsp oil in a frying pan and saute the chicken until it is cooked but not overcooked and dry.
- Meanwhile, brush another frying pan with remaining cooking oil and saute the onions until they are transparent.
- Add the white wine and reduce until it is a syrup.
- Add 1/2 of the peppercorns and crush with a fork in the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and reduce by 1/2.
- Now, tranfser the liquid from the pan into blender and blend until smooth.
- Place the mixture back in the frying pan, add the rest of the peppercorns (do not crush this time) and the 35% cream.
- Cook this slowly until the mixture thickens.
- Pour over the cooked chicken breasts and enjoy.