Recipe by Derf
Nice tickley chicken, lots of taste. Serve over mounds of rice.
Top Review by Robyn from the desert
The recipe was good and easy to make. It's not one of the best recipes I've had, but it's tasty and very healthy. I might do it again, but add sweet-n-sour sauce or some other thick sauce.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce (tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces - 1 cup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chicken, carrots, broth, ginger root, brown sugar, soy sauce, allspice and pepper sauce in a 4-5 quart crock pot, slow cooker Cover and cook on low heat setting 7-9 hours or until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink in centre.
- Mix cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice, gradually stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in pineapple and bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes longer or until slightly thickened and bubbly.