1/5 Photos of Chicken With Pepper and Pineapple - Crock Pot
9 hrs 35 mins
9 hrs 15 mins
Nice tickley chicken, lots of taste. Serve over mounds of rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper sauce (tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces - 1 cup
- 1Mix chicken, carrots, broth, ginger root, brown sugar, soy sauce, allspice and pepper sauce in a 4-5 quart crock pot, slow cooker Cover and cook on low heat setting 7-9 hours or until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink in centre.
- 2Mix cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice, gradually stir into chicken mixture.
- 3Stir in pineapple and bell pepper.
- 4Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes longer or until slightly thickened and bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken With Pepper and Pineapple - Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 230.5
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 788.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 26.8 g