Cook9 hrs 15 mins
Nice tickley chicken, lots of taste. Serve over mounds of rice.
Make and share this Chicken With Pepper and Pineapple - Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper sauce (tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces - 1 cup
- Mix chicken, carrots, broth, ginger root, brown sugar, soy sauce, allspice and pepper sauce in a 4-5 quart crock pot, slow cooker Cover and cook on low heat setting 7-9 hours or until veggies are tender and chicken is no longer pink in centre.
- Mix cornstarch and reserved pineapple juice, gradually stir into chicken mixture.
- Stir in pineapple and bell pepper.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 minutes longer or until slightly thickened and bubbly.
The recipe was good and easy to make. It's not one of the best recipes I've had, but it's tasty and very healthy. I might do it again, but add sweet-n-sour sauce or some other thick sauce.
I thought the tast was great but found the cooking time to long and the 1 1/2 inch pieces cooked all apart. I think I would cook this again but make the pieces larger and cut back on the cooking time.
This was pretty tasty! It is different from the typical "Hawaiian" chicken because of the hot sauce. I think I'd add MORE hot sauce next time. I also added a bit of garlic, and some snow peas to the dish. My only gripe is that the chicken cooks so much faster than the carrots and ends up kindof dry. Maybe boiling the carrots a bit before crocking it all would help. This was great over rice.