Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great recipe for when you're trying to drop weight, but still eat good tasting food. 7 POINTS per serving!
- 2 1⁄2 cups penne
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese or 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling water 10 minutes, or until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
- Combine stock and 1/2 cup peas in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Heat oil in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Sauté garlic 30 seconds.
- Add bell pepper and chicken and sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Add pea purée, whole peas and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir well.
- Stir in pasta and bring to a boil.
- Cook 2 minutes, or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cheese and toss well before serving.
I almost could not contain myself from going back for 2nd's. This meal was to DIE FOR!!! I made it exactly as-is. DH raved and DID go back for 2nds. He mentioned he thought it would be even better with a hot pepper in it. I'll have to try that next time. This meal was easy to put together (10 minutes) and was ready in 10 minutes flat. The only seasoning I added was salt and pepper and that was all it needed. I am so glad there are leftovers so that I can bring to work for lunch. Thanks Beth, this is now one of my favorite dishes EVER! Can't wait to send this to my parents for them to try. My Dad makes a pasta peas recipe, which is excellent, but this one by far surpasses our family recipe. I can't stop raving!!!! What more can I say except everyone MUST TRY THIS DISH!!!
This has become a family favorite. My DH loves it! I also add black olives and onion, and season the chicken with creole seasoning. It adds a little kick to it.
I'm surprised that this wasn't reviewed more, it's such a delicious recipe! Perfect for when we're in the mood for a light tasting pasta, but burnt out on tomato sauce. I usually double all of the "sauce" ingredients and mix with a whole box of pasta so that there are many days of yummy leftovers (I use a jar of roasted red peppers for even more depth of flavor). Definitely one of my faves!! 5 stars!