Recipe by Buzymomof3
I got this from an Australian Women's Weekly "after work healthy" cookbook my swap buddy I'mPat sent me. It sounded like a sauce I get at our local German restaurant, and I was right - it was WONDERFUL! And better for me since the chicken isn't breaded and fried. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 800 g chicken breast fillets
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup roasted pecan, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large fry pan.
- Add chicken and cook, uncovered, until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside to keep warm.
- Add shallots and garlic to chicken pan, stirring until onions are soft. Add wine to deglaze and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer till reduced by half.
- Add chicken stock, honey and mustard and stir well. Stir for about 5 minutes until sauce is reduced some.
- Add pecans and chicken. Stir.
- Serve with salad and pear slices.