Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I believe this is from Cooking Light - I've had it a while. Our family thinks this is excellent. I will say that a friend of mine was making it and called me up laughing....she thought the color was odd.. May be but it's still delicious.
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, presliced
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Place pecans in a food processor, process until smooth (about 1 minute), scraping sides of bowl once.
- With processor on, add water and 3/4 teaspoon salt, process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, saute 3 minutes on each side or until done. (I have to saute the chicken longer on my stovetop). Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to pan, saute 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in pecan cream, bring to a boil. Cook 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place 2/3 cup noodles on each of 6 plates. Top each with 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup pecan cream sauce.
Excellent dish! The pecan cream is so easy to make but so delicious. I served it with rice and lettuce and could have eaten two servings LOL. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!
Made for Bounce The Ball Of Summer (Diabetes Forum).