Recipe by Leslulu
I believe this is from Cooking Light - I've had it a while. Our family thinks this is excellent. I will say that a friend of mine was making it and called me up laughing....she thought the color was odd.. May be but it's still delicious.
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Excellent dish! The pecan cream is so easy to make but so delicious. I served it with rice and lettuce and could have eaten two servings LOL. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe!
Made for Bounce The Ball Of Summer (Diabetes Forum).
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, presliced
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pecans in a food processor, process until smooth (about 1 minute), scraping sides of bowl once.
- With processor on, add water and 3/4 teaspoon salt, process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, saute 3 minutes on each side or until done. (I have to saute the chicken longer on my stovetop). Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
- Add shallots and mushrooms to pan, saute 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in pecan cream, bring to a boil. Cook 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place 2/3 cup noodles on each of 6 plates. Top each with 1 chicken breast half and 1/3 cup pecan cream sauce.