Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Better Homes and Gardens Easy Everyday Cooking. Yummy comfort food.
- 1 (2 1/2-3 lb) cut up chicken or 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 lb tiny new potatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup snipped parsley
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Skin chicken, if desired. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- In a 12-inch skillet cook chicken in hot butter over medium heat about 15 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning to brown evenly.
- Add potatoes, broth, rosemary, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add green onion, peas, and 1/4 cup parsley to skillet.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes more or until the chicken and potatoes are tender and chicken is no longer pink.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer chicken and vegetables to a platter; keep warm.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir together sour cream and flour; stir into broth in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and vegetables.
This was excellent! I'd rate it 10 stars, but they don't give you enough stars. This is defiantly a great comfort dish...
This is such a great comfort food and easy to make. I used fresh rosemary from the yard instead of dried and I used chicken thighs. The meat falls off the bone and the sauce made with the sour cream is delicious! Everyone always loves it when I make this meal. I served it with fresh Green Beans and biscuts. YUM!
Awesome, creamy comfort food. I did want to cut back on the fat and calories so I increased the flour and substituted skim milk and a little yogurt (added after cooking) for the sour cream.