Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Put something elegant and delicious on the dinner table tonight.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms or 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper and sauté chicken in 1 tablespoons olive oil until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil to pan and cook onions and garlic 3 to 4 minutes until onions are brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add cream and return chicken breasts to pan.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary, remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
This is one of the best new recipes I've tried in a while. We absolutely loved the sauce that came with this tender chicken. I loved the technique of searing the chicken off and finishing in the sauce, it really locked in the flavor. I will make this a keeper, thanks so much for sharing!
This comes together nicely for chicken dish with a delicate & tasty combination of flavors. I used dried crushed rosemary, next time I will use fresh. Served with Carrots (Sous Vide), dumpling noodles and a salad.
What a tasty tasty dish. My dh & I loved this easy to make dish. It was really fast. The chicken was moist and tender, the thick, and smooth sauce was very flavorful. The onions and mushrooms were the perfect finishing touches. I served the chicken with tea biscuits and steamed spinach, it was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing. I will be making this again often.