Recipe by Krista Roes
Put something elegant and delicious on the dinner table tonight.
Top Review by Suzanne S.
This is one of the best new recipes I've tried in a while. We absolutely loved the sauce that came with this tender chicken. I loved the technique of searing the chicken off and finishing in the sauce, it really locked in the flavor. I will make this a keeper, thanks so much for sharing!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms or 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with 1/4 teaspoons of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper and sauté chicken in 1 tablespoons olive oil until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes.
- Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil to pan and cook onions and garlic 3 to 4 minutes until onions are brown.
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add cream and return chicken breasts to pan.
- Cook, covered, over low heat, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rosemary, remaining 1/4 teaspoons salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoons pepper.