Recipe by Bobtail
I discovered this recipe in a cook book I recently purchased. It sounds delicious! I have not tried it, but I have chosen to share the recipe with you. Cook time is marinade time for the chicken. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon English mustard
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 apple, diced finely
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 3 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 2 large pears, diced
- 1 cup blue cheese, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a deep bowl, mix olive oil, shallots, garlic, tarragon and mustard.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken breasts in this mixture, coating well.
- Chill for 4 hours.
- Drain the chicken, reserving the marinade.
- Quickly fry the chicken in a deep non-stick pan for 4 minutes on each side.
- Transfer the chicken to a large serving platter.
- Add the marinade to the pan, bring to a boil and sprinkle with the flour.
- Add the chicken stock, apples and walnuts.
- Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan with the sauce in it.
- Add the heavy cream and cook for 2 minutes.
- Mix the salad ingredients together and place a small amount on each plate.
- Top each plate with a chicken breast and a spoonful of the sauce.
- Serve immediately.