Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This comes from a oamc book called "Fix, Freeze, Feast" and is really delicious! Its one of my favorite Thai type dishes and I usually serve it on top of fresh spinach leaves (for me) and on steamed rice (for DH & kiddos) . This is meant as a OAMC dish so it uses a large package of chicken such as you would purchase at a warehouse store. This makes 3 entrees and each entree serves 4-6 people.
- 6 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 42 ounces coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts, finely ground
- Rinse chicken breasts and cut into 1" pieces.
- Place coconut milk, fish sauce, curry paste and honey in a large pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Once sauce is simmering, add chicken pieces and cook for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ground peanuts.
- Allow to cool.
- If freezing:.
- Divide evenly among 3 gallon sized freezer bags.
- Seal, pushing out as much air as possible.
- Label and freeze.
- To serve:.
- Thaw in refrigerator.
- Place chicken mixture into a large skillet and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Do not boil - the sauce will curdle!
- To serve:.
- Serve over fresh baby spinach leaves or over steamed rice.
Froze and reheated beautifully. Just the thing after coming back from camping. Served with rice that had also been frozen. 2 fussy children liked it too. Will definitely make again. (Made with chunky peanut butter as that's what was on hand). Would be nice with some chopped cilantro added just before serving.
Yum! Made this to freeze, but we liked it so much, it didn't make it to the freezer. I added sliced onion to the sauce as it simmered and would have added some peas too, but we were out. I'm not sure how the veggies would freeze, but as a make-it-and-eat-it meal, I think they'd be a nice addition. I give an enthusiastic 5 stars as I finish the last bowl of leftovers. =)