Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a perfect dinner when cooking for two. It is very attractive and served on the bed of shredded Napa cabbage is a complete meal.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper,salt lightly.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in the butter for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add the peanut butter and last 6 ingredients.
- Heat over mdium heat, stirring frequently, until hot and slightly thickened.
- Divide the shredded cabbage on 2 serving plates, top with chicken and sauce.
- Garnish each serving with diced red pepper.
My husband and I both thought this was ok. I did not have any cabbage, so I served it over a bed of rice. Also, I cut my chicken into thin peices. I have to say it was a bit too much peanut-buttery for me, but my husband did not have a problem with the peanut butter taste. I did add some cayenne pepper & some soy sauce to the peanut butter sauce to give it a little more taste.Thanks for posting.
Paula, this is wonderful! I doubled the recipe, cut out the butter and used cooking spray, and took some cues from other reviewers, such as I used 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and heaped the amount of cumin and coriander. I used broth instead of water, and I had everything right at my fingertips, then everything went to you-know-where at our house with "people stopping by out of the blue." I don't like to take someone else's recipe in hand the first time I make it, but I was browning the chicken when company came, so I just tossed the whole lot of it into the pan, except for the cabbage, and let it simmer. Then I tossed the shredded cabbage into the nearly done rice. And voila! This was a meal to remember and I'll make it again! Superb.
I have had my eye on this recipe for quite some time, and finallly got to make it today, this chicken dish is so good! the peanut butter with the combo of spices is perfect. I seasoned the chicken with cayenne pepper and seasoning salt, and used chicken broth in place of water, I also doubled the complete recipe, and served it with basmati rice. DH and myself loved this recipe, I will be making this again! thanks Paula!