Recipe by PaulaG
This is a perfect dinner when cooking for two. It is very attractive and served on the bed of shredded Napa cabbage is a complete meal.
Top Review by TexasKelly
My husband and I both thought this was ok. I did not have any cabbage, so I served it over a bed of rice. Also, I cut my chicken into thin peices. I have to say it was a bit too much peanut-buttery for me, but my husband did not have a problem with the peanut butter taste. I did add some cayenne pepper & some soy sauce to the peanut butter sauce to give it a little more taste.Thanks for posting.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 cups shredded napa cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with pepper,salt lightly.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cook chicken in the butter for 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- In same skillet, add the peanut butter and last 6 ingredients.
- Heat over mdium heat, stirring frequently, until hot and slightly thickened.
- Divide the shredded cabbage on 2 serving plates, top with chicken and sauce.
- Garnish each serving with diced red pepper.