Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Chicken with Peanut Gravy (Nagorui Zeedo). A West Africian dish.
- 1 chicken, cut in pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 quart water
- Saute onions, peppers and garlic in oil.
- Add chopped tomatoes and the tomato paste, cook approximately 5- 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Add pieces of chicken and brown thoroughly in oil.
- Return the tomato mixture to the pan along with the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over rice.