This is wonderful when peaches are fresh and in season, but canned peaches can be used when necessary.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour and half of the salt and pepper, set aside 2 teaspoons for sauce.
- In remaining flour mixture, coat chicken well; shake of excess.
- In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, peel and pit peaches; cut into wedges.
- Add onion, garlic and reserved flour mixture to skillet; cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Pour in stock and lemon juice; bring to boil, stirring to scrape up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Add peaches; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken to serve.