Prep 15 mins
Cook 26 mins
This is wonderful when peaches are fresh and in season, but canned peaches can be used when necessary.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe peaches or 2 nectarines
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 3⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In a shallow dish, combine flour and half of the salt and pepper, set aside 2 teaspoons for sauce.
- In remaining flour mixture, coat chicken well; shake of excess.
- In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat; cook chicken, turning once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Transfer to plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, peel and pit peaches; cut into wedges.
- Add onion, garlic and reserved flour mixture to skillet; cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Pour in stock and lemon juice; bring to boil, stirring to scrape up any brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Add peaches; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken to serve.
So Good!! I used a nectarine and was to lazy to skin it. I cut the recipe in half for 2 people but next time I will just reduce the amount of chicken but keep the sauce the same as the sauce is incredible! So flavourful! I also added a few snow peas to mine and served with pasta. This is a keeper!
Wow! This is a great recipe. The chicken came out very moist and tender and the sauce was very flavorful. The peaches and the basil together with the peppery sauce were really excellent. A great choice for company. The recipe was very clear and accurate as well.
I love this recipe! The only changes I made was to pound out the chicken,add extra garlic and I used 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock thickened with a corn starch slurry. I have made this recipe atleast 6 times, I am surprised I never rated it before. Great summer meal! thanks a bunch!!