Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 10 -12 lasagna noodles
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 liter milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 300 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 packet maggie bechamel mix, for the white sauce (optional)
- Place the chicken in a dish with the crushed ginger and garlic, salt, pepper and water.
- Boil till the chicken is tender and cooked.
- Remove chicken.
- Keep stock aside.
- Remove the bones and cut the chicken into thin strips and keep aside.
- Now, proceed with preparing the white sauce.
- If your using Maggie bechamel mix, make the sauce according to the recipe.
- Add little water to the stock to make 1 litre.
- Put it on flame.
- Add little flour at a time, making sure it doesn't form any lumps.
- Slowly, pour in the milk.
- Stir until the sauce is smooth.
- Mix 1 tbsp.
- of butter and allow the sauce to simmer for a few more minutes till it thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- Set aside.
- In a baking dish, place some chicken at the base.
- Sprinkle some pepper and top with some of the white sauce and a little grated cheese.
- Cover it with 3-4 Lasagne strips.
- Continue layering the same way until all the chicken and the white sauce is over.
- Cover with aluminium foil.
- Preheat oven to 180C for 15 minutes.
- Bake the chicken for 30-45 minutes until the pasta is done.
- Remove the foil.
- Top the dish with the remaining cheese.
- Return to the oven until it turns brown.
- Serve hot!