1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 10 -12 lasagna noodles
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed ginger
- 1 liter water
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 liter milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 300 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 packet maggie bechamel mix, for the white sauce (optional)
- 1Place the chicken in a dish with the crushed ginger and garlic, salt, pepper and water.
- 2Boil till the chicken is tender and cooked.
- 3Remove chicken.
- 4Keep stock aside.
- 5Remove the bones and cut the chicken into thin strips and keep aside.
- 6Now, proceed with preparing the white sauce.
- 7If your using Maggie bechamel mix, make the sauce according to the recipe.
- 8Add little water to the stock to make 1 litre.
- 9Put it on flame.
- 10Add little flour at a time, making sure it doesn't form any lumps.
- 11Slowly, pour in the milk.
- 12Stir until the sauce is smooth.
- 13Mix 1 tbsp.
- 14of butter and allow the sauce to simmer for a few more minutes till it thickens.
- 15Remove from heat.
- 16Set aside.
- 17In a baking dish, place some chicken at the base.
- 18Sprinkle some pepper and top with some of the white sauce and a little grated cheese.
- 19Cover it with 3-4 Lasagne strips.
- 20Continue layering the same way until all the chicken and the white sauce is over.
- 21Cover with aluminium foil.
- 22Preheat oven to 180C for 15 minutes.
- 23Bake the chicken for 30-45 minutes until the pasta is done.
- 24Remove the foil.
- 25Top the dish with the remaining cheese.
- 26Return to the oven until it turns brown.
- 27Serve hot!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with pasta baked in white sauce
Serving Size: 1 (599 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 763.7
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 168.7 mg
- Sodium 621.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 56.7 g