Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From The Soprano Family Cookbook.
- 1 cut up chicken, about 3 lbs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Sprinkle the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the pieces skin side up in a baking pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Brush the chicken with the mustard.
- Sprinkle with the crumb mixture, patting it on so that it adheres.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes more, or until the juices run clear when the chicken is cut near the bone.
- Serve hot or cold.