Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I saw Robin Miller make this today on the Food Network. This is a 5-ingredient dish. It looks super good and it sure was easy to fix. I will try it and update.
- 1 lb fusilli
- 1⁄3 cup plus 1 tbsp reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 cup parsley, packed
- 2 tablespoons roasted pistachios
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, put 1 tbsp of the broth in a large skillet and cook chicken until golden brown on all sides. I would use 2 tsp olive oil to do this, instead of broth.
- While chicken in cooking, put parsley, the remaining broth, garlic and pistachios in the blender or a food processor to blend well. Process until smooth. You may want to add a little more broth as this will be the sauce for your pasta.
- Add parsley sauce to the chicken in the skillet and cook for at least one minute, or until your chicken in cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place pasta in serving bowl and pour the chicken and pesto sauce over it.
- Serve immediately.
I'm a pesto fanatic, but this dish was not a good vehicle for it. We ended up throwing it out. I'm sorry! :-(