Recipe by Pi-E
Great recipe from Better Homes & Garden. Simple, quick, and delicious! Leftovers, if you have any, make a great lunch.
Top Review by CookGordon
This was soooo good. The only change I made was I added sliced mushrooms after cooking the carrots for a couple of minutes, and a little olive oil before adding the chicken. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting.
- 9 ounces refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 4 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup purchased basil pesto (or homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- olive oil (optional)
- fresh basil (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet cook carrots in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Cut chicken in 1-inch cubes. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken. Add pesto, toss to coat.
- Drain pasta. Return to pot; toss with remaining butter. Serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil; top with basil (optional).
- Note: I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts, because I thought the breasts might come out too dry and I prefer thighs in most recipes. I couldn't find fresh angel hair pasta, so I used dry whole wheat angel hair pasta instead. Also, if you have a food processor, use it to slice the carrots thin, made the job quick and easy. Homemade pesto is a plus, I have plenty in the freezer, I'm not familiar with store-bought brands but it would make the job faster if you don't have any on hand. The house smelled heavenly, we almost made complete pigs out of ourselves!