Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great recipe from Better Homes & Garden. Simple, quick, and delicious! Leftovers, if you have any, make a great lunch.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet cook carrots in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Cut chicken in 1-inch cubes. Add chicken; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until no pink remains in chicken. Add pesto, toss to coat.
- Drain pasta. Return to pot; toss with remaining butter. Serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil; top with basil (optional).
- Note: I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts, because I thought the breasts might come out too dry and I prefer thighs in most recipes. I couldn't find fresh angel hair pasta, so I used dry whole wheat angel hair pasta instead. Also, if you have a food processor, use it to slice the carrots thin, made the job quick and easy. Homemade pesto is a plus, I have plenty in the freezer, I'm not familiar with store-bought brands but it would make the job faster if you don't have any on hand. The house smelled heavenly, we almost made complete pigs out of ourselves!
This was soooo good. The only change I made was I added sliced mushrooms after cooking the carrots for a couple of minutes, and a little olive oil before adding the chicken. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting.