Recipe by Zanna_409104061
In this classic Hungarian dish, sweet paprika is used to season the chicken and again to flavor the creamy sauce.
Top Review by Ms B.
This simple comfort dish had a great flavor. I served it with buttered and herbed egg noodles and fresh steamed peas. A bit of cayenne could be added, if you like more kick to the dish. I look for dishes that come together quickly for weeknights, and this certainly fit the bill. Thanks for posting.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into strips sized of your choosing.
- Toss chicken in a medium bowl with half the paprika, 1.5 teaspoons salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over med. high heat.
- Add chicken, cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer to plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon butter and in the same skillet.
- Add onion, cook until browned and softened.
- Add remaining tablespoon paprika and stir, cooking, about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and 3/4 cup water; cook until saucy.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Stir in sour cream and cook until just heated through, without boiling.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve.