Recipe by Kaarin
A recipe I found on a scrap of paper and changed to suit my family. My dh really likes this; I think the sauce is wonderful too!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth (I use bouillon for this)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into thin strips about 2 inches long, or you can leave them whole. Saute in a large skillet in oil until lightly browned and chicken juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Melt butter in same skillet and add onion, sauteing until translucent, not brown.
- Add the paprika, salt and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Whisk in the sour cream until smooth and simmer 1-2 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with just enough water to form a runny paste and whisk into the skillet.
- Add the chicken and cook until heated through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve over egg noodles or mashed potates.