Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
Pleasant change from the usual pasta meals, quick and easy. Revised to our taste from Taste of Home.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, fresh ground
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium high heat. Add onion, garlic and red pepper. Cook 2 minutes. Add broth, broccoli and orzo.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken and corn, cook an additional 8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and gently stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately.
We had this for dinner tonight and all enjoyed it. I made it exactly as written, and I especially liked this because it was full of veggies, which I'm trying to eat more of. When I make it again, I'll think I'll cut up the chicken and saute the pieces separately in a little butter and oil, and then add them to the rest of the mixture just before serving. I like the extra flavor of butter and the taste that sauteed chicken has, but that's just my personal preference. Thanks for posting this delicious meal-in-one.