Chicken With Orange Sweet and Sour Sauce
CHICKEN and MARINADE
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat (4-5 medium thighs)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade (reduced sugar or no sugar added are OK)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reserved marinade
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Put chicken, juice, Splenda, soy sauce, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a zip-lock bag, seal, and shake to evenly coat the chicken with the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Measure 2 tablespoons of marinade into a small saucepan and set aside. Grill or broil the chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and set aside while you prepare the sauce.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the orange marmalade and rice vinegar to the marinade in the small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until mixture is boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 minute. Add the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and serve the sauce drizzled over the chicken thighs.