Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This came from Bandwagon. I have not tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
Make and share this Chicken With Orange Sweet and Sour Sauce recipe from Food.com.
CHICKEN and MARINADE
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat (4-5 medium thighs)
- 1 tablespoon Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade (reduced sugar or no sugar added are OK)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reserved marinade
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Put chicken, juice, Splenda, soy sauce, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a zip-lock bag, seal, and shake to evenly coat the chicken with the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Measure 2 tablespoons of marinade into a small saucepan and set aside. Grill or broil the chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes per side, until juices run clear. Transfer the chicken to a serving plate and set aside while you prepare the sauce.
- Mix the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until the cornstarch is dissolved. Add the orange marmalade and rice vinegar to the marinade in the small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat until mixture is boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 1 minute. Add the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened. Remove from heat and serve the sauce drizzled over the chicken thighs.
This is delicious and easy. I have already told a coworker and she wanted the recipe.