1 hr 4 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large orange
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 green onions, cut into 2 inch piece
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced and peeled
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 1With vegetable peeler, cut peel from orange into 1 1/2 inch-wide pieces, being careful not to cut into white membrane. Cut pieces into 1 1/2 inch-long strips.
- 2On small cookie sheet, let peels dry slightly in 200F oven 30 minutes.
- 3Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- 4In medium bowl, mix well chicken, soy sauce, sherry, green onions, red pepper and ginger.
- 5In small bowl, mix well cornstarch, sugar, salt and orange juice. Cover and refrigerate both.
- 6About 15 minutes before serving: In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, with slotted spoon, stir-fry peels until crisp and edges are slightly browned, about 2 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- 7In remaining oil in skillet, over high heat, stir-fry chicken mixture until chicken loses pink color and is tender, about 4 minutes.
- 8Stir orange-juice mixture, then add to chicken and stir-fry until mixture is slightly thickened and coats chicken.
- 9Spoon onto warm platter; sprinkle with peels.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken with Orange Peel, Szechwan Style
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.7
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.9 mg
- Sodium 582.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 14.5 g