Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 large orange
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 4 green onions, cut into 2 inch piece
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced and peeled
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- With vegetable peeler, cut peel from orange into 1 1/2 inch-wide pieces, being careful not to cut into white membrane. Cut pieces into 1 1/2 inch-long strips.
- On small cookie sheet, let peels dry slightly in 200F oven 30 minutes.
- Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- In medium bowl, mix well chicken, soy sauce, sherry, green onions, red pepper and ginger.
- In small bowl, mix well cornstarch, sugar, salt and orange juice. Cover and refrigerate both.
- About 15 minutes before serving: In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, with slotted spoon, stir-fry peels until crisp and edges are slightly browned, about 2 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- In remaining oil in skillet, over high heat, stir-fry chicken mixture until chicken loses pink color and is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir orange-juice mixture, then add to chicken and stir-fry until mixture is slightly thickened and coats chicken.
- Spoon onto warm platter; sprinkle with peels.