Recipe by Pierre Dance
I got this from my friend George in Pahala on the 'Big Island'. Not only is it quick and easy, it's delicious. He and I both prefer the rich taste of chicken thighs over the milder taste of breasts.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs, defatted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups orange juice, freshly sqeezed
- 2 cups chicken stock, home made is best
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, bruised
- 4 tablespoons ghee
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken, pat dry with paper towels.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- In a medium size frying pan heat orange juice, chicken stock, and tarragon to a slow boil.
- Add chicken, cook 8-10 minutes per side 'til juice runs clear when chicken is pierced.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Increase burner to medium high.
- Reduce sauce by half or more.
- Return chicken to pan, cover with sauce, heat 'til warm.
- Serve on a bed of jasmine rice, risotto, or couscous.