Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Another recipe from one of my favorite cookbooks, Thru the Grapevine from the Junior league of Elmira.
- 3⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 tablespoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- Mix together bread crumbs, orange rind, salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in orange juice, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place coated chicken on a lightly greased, foil-lined, 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water, add butter and honey; stir until butter melts.
- After chicken has baked for 30 minutes, baste with honey glaze.
- Bake chicken 35-40 minutes longer, or until chicken is browned and tender, basting several times with glaze.
DH raved about this one! I didnt use any orange rind but did everything else exactly. Very good.
Fantastically easy, chicken stayed really moist, great flavor. As in another review, I also used orange juice instead of water. Next time though, I might add a tad of lemon juice just to cut through the sweetness of the glaze.
Outstanding recipe....easy to make. Substituted orange juice for the water..Will make it again.