A favorite family recipe from my mom's kitchen.
Make and share this Chicken With Orange and Cranberry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Place frozen breasts in 12 inch frying pan and add all ingredients except cornstarch, water, and onions. Bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until meat is no longer pink in center of thickest part - about 20 minutes total. Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Boil pan juices over high heat, uncovered, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to sauce; stirring until it boils.
- Moisten chicken with sauce and serve over rice. Sprinkle chicken with minced green onions.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #32* Obag, you and Mom have a winner here ! I made this according to the recipe without changes - and DH was almost lyrical ! Was just a tad sweet for me, but a nice change in flavor - and so simple to prepare ! I used prepackaged dried unsweetened fruit, chopped, and 1/2 cup Craisins -- which may have added to the sweetness. Thanks for posting !
I used dried apricots and just a bit of driend mango. We found it to be just a bit to sweet and fruity. Next time I will cut back on the Oj and driednf ruit but keep the amount of cranberys. I think it would also be good with a light sprinking of chopped toasted almonds. made for Auz/NZ Swap # 32
Certainly took us out of our comfort zone with all the dried fruit but well worth the experience. I used chopped dried apricots with a few chopped prunes along with the cranberries and served over brown rice sprinkled with the onions. Very easy to make and the chicken was nice and moist. :) Made for Aus/NZ swap August 2009