Recipe by Obag
A favorite family recipe from my mom's kitchen.
Top Review by NurseJaney
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #32* Obag, you and Mom have a winner here ! I made this according to the recipe without changes - and DH was almost lyrical ! Was just a tad sweet for me, but a nice change in flavor - and so simple to prepare ! I used prepackaged dried unsweetened fruit, chopped, and 1/2 cup Craisins -- which may have added to the sweetness. Thanks for posting !
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup dried fruit
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place frozen breasts in 12 inch frying pan and add all ingredients except cornstarch, water, and onions. Bring to boil over medium high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer until meat is no longer pink in center of thickest part - about 20 minutes total. Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm.
- Boil pan juices over high heat, uncovered, 3 or 4 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with water and add to sauce; stirring until it boils.
- Moisten chicken with sauce and serve over rice. Sprinkle chicken with minced green onions.