Recipe by Jane Gib
My Indian friend is a chef and he prepares this dish for us very often, as my family love it. I tried it too and it came out lovely
Top Review by Elmotoo
This is deeeelicious! I made this for PAC 9/06. I'm not sure what 10 chicken pieces means; I used 4 large skinless, boneless breast halves. All was wonderful until I aded the water. I thought the sauce was TOO watery. But it was still VERY delicious. We allll loved this - even THE PICKY ONE. Thank you PAC adopted daughter for posting!
- 1 1⁄2 green chilies
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2-1 inch fresh gingerroot
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons yoghurt (plain)
- 10 chicken pieces, peeled and cubed (breast is better)
- 600 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind chilli, onions, garlic and ginger until smooth, adding water if necessary.
- Heat oil and add paste.
- Stir fry until golden, about 15/20 minute.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, coriander and salt, stirring and cooking for another 3 minutes
- Add yoghurt - 1 tbls at a time - stirring well after each spoonful.
- Cook until moisture has evaporated, and sauce is a rich brown colour.
- Add chicken pieces and cook, turning frequently to coat with sauce.
- When golden - add 600ml water, stir well then cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Serve with rice.