Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from a book called Oven Baked recipes by Nita Mehta. From my mum's collection storing it here for reference and sharing
- 200 g boneless chicken, cut into 1 inch pcs
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 12 olives
- 4 large tomatoes, blanched and skinned
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic flakes, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander leaves, chopped
- Saute the chicken in the oil.
- Cook till done seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add water if required.
- Sauce: Blanch the tomatoes for 3 minutes in boiling water.
- Skin them and puree them.
- Heat the oil.
- Add garlic and saute for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes puree and cook till slightly thick around 7 minutes.
- Add the salt and pepper with the olives and take off the flame.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/4th of the sauce on a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces on top of the sauce.
- Now add the rest of the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the cilantro leaves.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes and serve hot with bread.