Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This dish is known in Morocco as tajine msir zeetoon. From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Chicken With Olives and Lemon recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 24 pimento stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 8 lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 325º.
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Add chicken; toss to coat.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, juice, and broth, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- Sprinkle flour mixture over chicken, tossing to coat.
- Top chicken with olives and lemon.
- Bake at 325º for 1 hour or until thermometer registers 180º.
- Serving size: 2 thighs and about 1/3 cup sauce.
- Calories 297 (30% from fat); Fat 10g (sat 1.4g, mono 3.7g, poly 3.4g); Protein 30.8g; Carbohydrates 18.9g; Fiber 2.1g; Cholesterol 115mg; Iron 3.2mg; Sodium 941 mg; Calcium 43mg.
This was so awesome! I didn't think olives and chicken would go together, but in this recipe, it did! And the spices were not overpowering either.